The Navigation Improver Day course is usually on a Saturday starting at 9:00 and finishing around 16:30. The course is practical, hands on and most lessons are conducted whilst on the hill with moderate walking in more difficult hill walking terrain than Foundation level courses.
The Nav Improver Day covers most of the core skills of the Intermediate Level Course but without the second day of practice and assessment, ideal for people who already know the basics and can only spare a day but want to improve their navigation skills.
If in doubt, feel free to talk to us before hand if you wish.
To further develop and consolidate Navigation skills in a single day.
Choose a Location and Book your Nav Improver Day Course
We run courses in the UK’s stunning National Parks, choose the area you want to do your course in. Either choose somewhere local and an an easy commute, or a new area you would like to experience, your instructor will advise you of great walks suiting your experience.
You want to learn
- One day improver session for people who already understand the basics
- Contour navigation, slope aspect, accurate pacing, timing
- Fixes, waypoints and routes
- Compass work taking accurate bearings from features to the map and vice versa
- Move safely within your abilities over more difficult terrain
- Emergency procedures and what to do in an emergency.
What you will need to bring with you for your course.
If you have any questions you can email your instructor after booking and they will be happy to help. Why not visit our shop for our approved equipment as used by our instructors?